Monday, April 7, 2014

Captain America is out-of-control amazing

I don't know how Marvel keeps getting sequels that are better than the originals, but Captain America does not just top the first Captain America, but it tops the Avengers as well.

 http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/113883/3696199-3205188831-35140.jpg


The action is some of the best action I've ever seen. When I say, "out-of-control amazing", I mean, so amazing that there were parts where I just couldn't watch because I was so fucking amazed by what had just happened. I had to cover my eyes in order to reset and consume more amazing.

The character development for Cap, Nick Fury, and the Black Widow was welcome and the presence of a storyline and not just a, "aliens are invading, let's come together and save the world" was surprising and super-awesome.

Some name-drops, cameos, foreshadowing for the comic book afficionados (note: you may consider this spoiler-ish, although I'm not distinguishing between actual cameos and just mentions, so that's up to you; if you find the mere thought of spoilers to be anathema, just go watch the movie. It's worth the money, and my fiancee (who hates going to the movies) has already said that we are going to go watch it in theaters AGAIN).

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
  • Dr. Strange
  • Agent 13
  • Crossbones
  • Quicksilver
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Tony Stark
  • Bruce Banner
  • The Avengers Tower
  • The Infinity Gems
  • Senator Stern
  • Batroc the Leaper
END OF SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

GO WATCH THIS MOVIE!