Sunday, December 7, 2014

Thoughts on Zelda 2014-2015

First, I love the Legend of Zelda. My only tattoo is a Triforce and my next tattoo will probably be heart containers. That said, the upcoming Zelda for the Wii U (2015) marks the first time since the Gamecube that I've owned a current Nintendo system when a Zelda game came out.

I've made a playlist of the current game footage and will update it when I see new videos:


Anyway, to my thoughts.

GORGEOUS. This is a seriously beautiful game that looks to be the pinnacle of all Zelda games to date. I loved the comment, "real horses don't usually run into trees" and I love the scope and size of the world. 

I hope that there will be some fast-travel built in, but I am STOKED to explore this world. 

***
Zelda fans have a lot to be happy about. Right now there's Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros satisfying your non-traditional Zelda urges. I personally love Hyrule Warriors (I've always loved the Dynasty Warriors games, and this is as refined a version of those games as I've ever seen; mindless but fun); the weakest part of the game is the main campaign, especially shoehorning Ganon into it, but the depth and number of the Adventure Maps is freaking awesome. 

I haven't gotten to play more than the demo of the 3DS Smash, but I'm sure I'll be getting the Wii U version for Christmas, so I am excited for that, and then we have the 3DS update to Majora's Mask right around the corner!

AND THEN THIS NEW ZELDA WII U GAME!

Not to mention DLC for Hyrule Warriors along the way. 

Good time to be a Zelda fan!