Thursday, June 2, 2016

Publishing Update

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update and talk a little more about my current projects. It's amazing how busy I've been the last few weeks, but I don't want anyone in a lurch wondering what's going on.

My upcoming short story has turned into a bit more of a novel and I'm working on restructuring it to be more of a novella. It's a part of the Cross Adventures series, an urban fantasy taking place in the WotA Modern timeline. Most entries in the series I'd like to be digestible as stand-alone shorts/novellas and will price between $0.99 and $2.99.

Vera Cross uses a pair of .50 caliber handcannons to work around the Seal of the Archmagi and launch her impressive magicks upon the world. She lives in the second city of Shiram, one of the crossroads cities of the world that borders the Veil. The first story is currently called, Cross and the Cap, and features Cross facing off against a fey-killer. It's been just a ton of fun to write. Since the first story is a little longer, it will be debuting at $2.99.

On the nonfiction side of things, I'm working with the formatting of Kindle Textbooks to produce all future books in the Zero's Mathematics series. The formatting is the main thing that is delaying these, but I think once I get the hang of it I won't have any trouble moving forward. I'm going to focus on Pre-Calculus and then rely on readers to decide whether I should move into Calculus or Algebra next.

I plan on covering Algebra, Advanced Algebra, Calculus, and Calculus II before moving on to advanced math like Linear Algebra, Number Theory, Abstract Algebra, and Real Analysis. But your opinion as readers will be the #1 consideration I take once the first series of PreCalculus texts are done. The current schedule is to release 6-7 Pre-Calculus books by the end of summer with a combined book. All initial publications in the upcoming series will be short and sweet.

I recently secured a license with GeoGebra to produce graphs and graphics for my texts, so I'm excited to incorporate those once I dot the i's and cross the t's for it. We'll see how much longer these first two publications I've been working on in the Pre-Calculus series take before giving a more firm schedule, but as long as I can work things out with GeoGebra, the first one should be entering its final form in about a week.

My Patreon is pretty stagnant and hasn't given me any real feedback. I'll stop promoting it until the next 5 publications come out (sometime in July if everything goes to plan), then reevaluate and pull the plug then if it continues as is.

Until there are more sales in these sort of publications, there aren't any plans for continuing the WotA main series. Until I can become a full-time author, I won't be planning any novel length stories. I'm sorry to fans of the WotA series, but there's just not enough interest or financial support to produce those sort of works currently. They remain extremely dear to me, and I hope you enjoy upcoming short stories and novellas set in the WotA settings.

Finally, if you're interested in more of the WotA settings, I'll post a follow-up blog explaining the different settings (mostly different timelines) you'll see stories in. (Update: Link).